I cooked a fabulous dinner last night, if I do say so myself. And I do. I found this delicious spinach pesto lasagna recipe originally on Epicurious called something fancy like “Four Cheese Fontina Gourmet” when I was looking for a recipe to make at our weekly Mom’s Group. I’ve adapted it to be less fancy and much simpler. And even better, this spinach pesto lasagna gets both my hubby and my toddler to eat (and enjoy!) spinach!
Recipe for Easy Spinach Pesto Lasgana
- 3 cups ricotta
- 1 cup parmesan or mozzarella
- 1 large egg
- 2 10-oz packages spinach
- 7 oz pesto (or whatever size jar your favorite brand comes in)
- 4 cups pasta sauce or crushed tomatoes (I used a mix of Red Gold crushed and diced tomatoes provided to me by Red Gold!)
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 cups mozzarella (for the top)
- Blend ricotta and parmesan in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper; stir in egg. Blend spinach and pesto in another medium bowl.
- Brush 13 x 9 glass baking dish with olive oil. Spread 1 cup pasta sauce in dish. Arrange 3 noodles side by side atop sauce. Spread 1 ¼ cups ricotta in a thin layer over noodles. Drop 1/3 of spinach mixture over by spoonfuls. Repeat layering with sauce, noodles, ricotta, spinach, two more times. Top with remaining 3 noodles and 1 cup sauce.
- Bake at 350, covered, for 35 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with two cups cheese. Bake until heated through, sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes longer. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve.
This new version of lasagna is definitley our go-to lasagna. Lately, I’ve been making it about once a week. Do you have a favorite lasagna recipe?